Cat-Eyes the Chameleon

Cat-Eyes the Chameleon




Thursday, February 2, 2012

Black History Month: Reading


In honor of Black History Month this year as part of my reading goal I will focus on reading books by and/or about African Americans of a historic nature.  Here are the books I currently have on my "Black History" to-read list on Goodreads.com.





Today I started on Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl and so far I'm really enjoying it.  It is actually written by the slave girl and apparently was not not heavily edited for grammar in order to keep the true first person writing style from an uneducated slaves perspective.  The surprise is that, while I'm only about 25% into the book the writing of this "uneducated" slave girl is very well done considering the time period it was written.  I'm really looking for to finishing this book and sharing my full review with you.

Next up on my list will be Medical Apartheid.  I anticipate that due to the length and what I assume will be some really technical writing I will read this book while reading others through the month.

I anticipate 4 books being my limit for the month and even though I have more than four on my list now I would love to hear your suggestions for some great reading pleasure.  Leave our recommendation in the comments section.  Thanks and stay tuned for my review of Same Kind of Different as Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

THANK YOU! I really appreciate when people take the time to comment. :-)