Cat-Eyes the Chameleon

Cat-Eyes the Chameleon




Saturday, October 22, 2011

Finally getting serious about blogging!

I've been talking about starting a blog for quite some time.  There were some things holding me back though.
  • Fear
  • Time
  • Lack of Clarity
Why Fear?  As easy going as I am and can be with friends and strangers alike, I'm no different than most in my desire to not make a mistake or just plain old look like a "fool" in front of folks.  Those that are closest to me know that I strive for perfection in the things that matter the most to me so I didn't want to start this journey of blogging and fail.

Time, or lack thereof, has been and will continue to be an issue for me because I can, and usually do, always find other things to fill my time.  But more importantly I didn't have the time to devote to blogging because I was in school.  Though I haven't completed my degree yet circumstances have forced me to take a six-month break from completing my degree.  This upset me greatly, but being a woman of faith, I eventually began to see this as a blessing from God.  There are a lot of things going on in my life right now that I needed to devote time and energy to and if I were still taking classes my stress level would have been through the roof. So...I'll take advantage of this break and get started writing my blog and getting to know you all.

I'm a person with many interests so my lack of clarity isn't a bad thing, it's just in keeping with who I am. A word that I've used to describe myself on more than one occasion is "chameleon".  The definitions I like the best are:
  • A person that has the ability to be social with anyone and any setting and still fit in.
  • One who has such wide interests they can relate to anyone.
These definitions describe me perfectly and interestingly enough, it was while typing up this post that I decided on the new name for my blog.  While I enjoy time alone, I also enjoy the company of many people who are very diverse in their personalities and social interests. For this reason alone I have had a difficult time determining a focus for my blog and as such, I will keep it as random and varied as my personality. 

I'm sure this blog will be reshaped and refocused over time, but I hope you enjoy the journey with me!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

THANK YOU! I really appreciate when people take the time to comment. :-)