Cat-Eyes the Chameleon

Cat-Eyes the Chameleon




Saturday, December 10, 2011

Another Day, Another Hobby...


Can you guess what another of my favorite hobbies is?

Here are some hints:

  1. A craft that dates back to the 19th Century.
  2. It is a process of creating fabric from yarn, thread, or other material strands.
  3. It uses a hook...

BINGO -- It's Crochet!

Those that know me well know that I enjoy crocheting.  I especially enjoy making items to give away as gifts.  Items such as baby blankets, afghans, hats, sweaters, ornaments, etc.  I recently found a crochet blog titled "Crochet Concupiscence" and saw they are doing a give-a-way for a free shawl pattern.  In fact, they are doing 31-Days of giveaways so you should check them out when you can.

One way to enter was to indicate who I would make the shawl for and if I win this pattern I plan to make the shawl and give it away to a deserving senior citizen.

Here's an example of my crochet skills.  This is a "Pillowghan".  I made this for my dear daughter (DD) when she was about 4 or 5 years old.  When you fold it it converts into a pillow.  Crocheted items last a long time.  These pictures were taken in 2006, but it was made in 1992 or 1993.



I haven't crochet in a long time, but I'm looking forward to starting a new or completing an old project very soon.

 What hobbies do you enjoy?







1 comment:

  1. I have seen variations of this afghan twice today. I am not able to find the pattern anywhere. Do you know where I can find it?

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU! I really appreciate when people take the time to comment. :-)