Cat-Eyes the Chameleon

Cat-Eyes the Chameleon




Saturday, January 14, 2012

Sew Saturday 1.14.12

I know it's been a while!

Unfortunately I haven't done any personal sewing since my last Sew Saturday post in early December, but there's no reason I still can't post a "Sew Saturday".

Recently I started following a Youtuber that sews and her channel name is "withwendy".  Today I'd like to spotlight two of her videos that I would like to try in the very near future.

First up is this tutorial on how to make a slouchy sweater.


I would like to try this in both medium and lightweight knits.  While I love to dress up and be a girly girl, I also really enjoy being comfortable and carefree when I'm lounging around the house or running errands on the weekend.  I think this technique will work nicely on a variety of fabrics so it could be super casual or more "dressy" casual.

 Next is her tutorial on how to make an infinity scarf. 


These scarves "seam" to be all the rage right now and on top of being trendy can really aid in keeping you warm if you use as a layer coordinated with your outfit.

I love the concept of creating clothing items by using a current item you have and love the fit of as a pattern.  With patterns I always have a hard time adjusting the pattern in the areas that don't quite coincide with the pattern measurements.

I'm still a newbie when it comes to sewing, but aiming to eventually be able to sew a good portion of my own clothing without the use of purchased patterns.

What are your sewing goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment

THANK YOU! I really appreciate when people take the time to comment. :-)