The new year is always met with individuals setting what they call "New Year's Resolutions". And, as most of us can attest for, those resolutions are short lived. Many don't even make it a month before breaking them. Did you know that in order to make something you do a "habit" you have to do it consistently for at least 30 days, if done daily. If its not a daily task give yourself a longer time period of completing the task consistently to make it habit forming, i.e. 1x week give yourself 6-months.
In addition to posting to my blog on a regular basis in 2012 I have set the following personal/family goals:
- Reading: Complete 15 Books (including audiobooks)
- Bible: Complete multiple reading plans from 7-30 days in length each
- Pay bills timely. (Avoiding all electronic wire fees and/or late fees)
- Prepare a household budget, follow and track monthly.
- Create emergency Cash fund
What are your goals for this year? Have you set any? Remember to use the SMART method when creating your goals.
Happy New Year!!!